The TBA Council
The Tropical Biology Association is both a company limited by guarantee (with no share capital) and a registered charity.
Our Council, made up of senior biologists from top universities in Europe, includes the directors of the company and trustees of the charity. Together, they ensure that the TBA is effective in doing what it was set up to do, and is run in line with Charity Commission regulations.
Company No. 05827864, incorporated 24.05.2006; Registered charity No. 1116111
- Dr Christian Schulze, Department of Tropical Ecology and Animal Biodiversity, University of Vienna
- Dr Patrick Duncan, Centre d’Etudes Biologiques de Chizé, Institut Ecologie et Environnement
Dr Kate Lessells, Netherlands Institute of Ecology
Dr Ryszard Laskowski, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University
- Professor Paul Brakefield FRS, Professor of Zoology, Director University Museum of Zoology, University of Cambridge
- Prof Tim Clutton-Brock FRS, Director of Research and formerly Prince Philip Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Cambridge (Honorary)
- Dr Robert Jehle, Senior Lecturer Programme Leader, BSc Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology BSc Wildlife and Practical Conservation, University of Salford
- Dr Lisa Thomas
- Dr Rosie Trevelyan, Director, Tropical Biology Association
- Professor Steve Stearns, Yale University (Honorary)